Monday, February 11, 2008

Tag--I Guess I'm It

Although I've been blogging for more than a year, today was the first time I have been tagged. This particular meme is called Power of 7. Here are the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

The evil spirit who got me is All Things Shea.

2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

1. When I was 9 years old, I was running into a shop in Copenhagen and crashed into Winston Churchill, causing him to drop an armload of packages.

2. I once sat next to a handsome guy named Oscar at a scuba resort in Roatan. When I asked him what he did for a living, he told me he was the President of Costa Rica. "Yeah," I replied, "And I'm the Queen of England." Oscar Arias laughed, fortunately.

Note: I clearly don't have much luck with heads of state, past or present.

3. I don't own a TV, microwave, cell phone, iPod, or wristwatch, but I have eight laptops, a regular standie-uppie PC, four PDAs, and a 600-year old water clock that actually works.

4. I don't need a wristwatch, because I always know what time it is. And I don't need an alarm clock, because I can program myself to wake up at a certain time.

5. My elbow joints can rotate 270 degrees.

6. Jonas Salk was my second cousin.

7. The first sentence I uttered to my future husband compared him to a garbage can.


3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

Here are the randomly drawn winners (or losers, depending on your point of view):


4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Yeah yeah. I'll do that, then duck and run.

17 comments:

Sharon said...

I have been admiring your beautiful lacework. It has inspired my to dive
ahead into the world of lace knitting. I am knitting the Rona shawl
presently and I love it so much. I have admired the beautiful Lyras I see
posted. Do you know if Burda has republished this pattern, and if not how I
might obtain a copy. You are an inspiration! Sharon

Soo said...

Gadzooks! Tagged is tricky enough -- but to compete with those 7 facts! Hmmmm.....I will need time to ponder.

You, Fleegle, never cease to amaze me! :)

Laritza said...

You are weird! Wait till you see mine!

fleegle said...

Dear Sharon--

Lyra is long out of print, I am afraid. The pattern appears occasionally on eBay, so you might what to check there.

Opal said...

What an amazing life you've had/have. If I can come up with 7 things, I'll participate. Odds are that I'll bow out though. I know, I'm a spoilsport. :)

z's momma said...

thanks for tagging me. I don't think my 7 facts are going to measure up, but we'll see.

BadCatDesigns said...

Duck, but don't run too fast. My aim is not good from South Africa. I'll get you back when I return...

Anonymous said...

Wow. You do have bad luck with heads of state.

Lace pictures soon? I need a fix.

Shea said...

Okay, you win. I have no cool heads of state stuff like that. And wow! Jonas Salk? Really?

Man, talking about brushes with greatness...

Anonymous said...

And does Oscar Arias hate lobster now too?

:D

Or was that a different trip?

Debi said...

Wow, very cool facts :)

JavaNut said...

Hi... I've been reading your blog for a while (can't remember how I stumbled across it) & had to say that I was at Yarn Place on Saturday and saw your GORGEOUS lace shawls!! Was quite fun to get a preview of the Stitches display since I'll be out of town and will miss it.

Your work is amazing... and immediately prompted me to get the same dark red for a future lace project.

projektleiterin said...

Now, that was really an interesting collection of weird and funny facts about you!

Lacefreak said...

I had no idea you were surrounded by celebritys! Your 7 facts are really interesting and I guess your husband didn't mind the "garbage can" observation since help helped out in the needle surjury and all :-) My 7 will be rather mundane next to yours!

The Chickengoddess said...

Are you counting Laptop in with the laptops? If not, you have nine ;)

Batty said...

Wow, you do have an interesting history with heads of state.

Viknits said...

They were really interesting/funny facts :D